Mayfield Covid-19 Cleaning Procedures
Mayfield Cleaning has implemented an enhanced cleaning and disinfection requirements to protect the health and safety of it not its employees but the employees of our clientele. These requirements will be enacted when an employee displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 leaves the workplace. It is important to note that these cleaning and disinfection measures take place as a precaution and not necessarily because the employee has tested positive for the illness. This policy’s aim is to prevent the spread of COVID – 19. gs.
14 Day Isolation
We will implement a 14 Day Isolation for any employee experiencing or displaying signs of COVID -19 including but not limited to Severe difficulty breathing, severe chest pain, having a very hard time waking up, feeling confused, losing consciousness, fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, or anyone who has been in contact with someone or caring for someone with those symptoms. We will implement a 14 Day isolation on anyone who has traveled outside of Canada in the 14 days.
Mayfield Cleaning Requirements
All cleaners are required to sign an oath to attest to their health prior to work on a daily basis. This questionnaire is being undertaken by our Safety Coordinator Faith Phillips on a Daily Basis. We are currently hiring more personnel to account for 14 day isolations that are already occurring due to new COVID-19 restrictions. We will continue to hire more personnel throughout this crisis.
We are encouraging our employees to maintain good health by ensuring that they are not being overworked. We are asking people to try and not work overtime during this time. We are encouraging everyone to get enough sleep, eat healthy, and maintain immunizations.
Business communication will be done through social media, text, and phone communications. If interfacing is required personnel are to remain 6 feet apart during this time. The monthly safety meeting will still be held on Zoom. No large gatherings will be permitted to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Business communication with our customer will also be done through social media, text, and phone communications. If interfacing is required personnel are to remain 6 feet apart during this time.
The follow disinfectant measures will be conducted by ourselves because we are the cleaning company who will complete the following disinfectant measures.
- We will be able to respond to multiple and simultaneous cleaning requests from various customers and various locations.
- Our Response time must be at a minimum within a 2 hour window of receiving a phone call or notification from an affected location. This means that we will send a cleaner to the workplace ready to carry out the disinfecting procedures within at least a 2 hour of first receiving the call. The caller will indicated if a longer response time window can be granted.
- Currently all service locations that are not within the city limits are receiving daily cleaning thus, the response time for our far locations can still be met.
Areas requiring cleaning and disinfection
Areas within the building that must be cleaned and disinfected will include but not limited to the following. The caller may provide additional areas within the building that requires cleaning and disinfection. Therefore, we must take note of all areas which will require cleaning and disinfection including any unique identifiers to help the contractor find the correct areas within the building.
In an enclosed office:
- All Hard surfaces including desks, chairs, telephone, keyboards, mouse, laptops, outer and inner surfaces of cabinets, door handles, screens, monitors, staplers, tape dispensers, printer buttons, printers, pencil holders, and telephones.
- All Common areas on the floor where the office is located. This includes the washroom(all flush buttons/handles, door handles, locks, faucets, counter tops, air dryers, paper towel dispensers), kitchen and cafeteria (counter tops, faucets, appliance surfaces, coffee machines, tables, chairs), stair and escalator railings, elevator door and buttons.
In a shared work area
(i.e. a work station that is note separated by walls or another type of separation):
- All hard surfaces including desks, chairs, telephone, keyboard, mouse, laptops, outer and inner surfaces of cabinets, door handles, screens, monitors and telephone.
- Disinfect the same work stations that are within a 2m radius of the main workstation which requires disinfection.
- All common areas on the floor where the shared work station is located. This includes the washroom (all flush buttons/handles, door handles, locks, faucets, counter tops, air dryers, paper towel dispensers), kitchen and cafeteria (counter tops, faucets, appliance surfaces, coffee machines, tables, chairs, ) stair and escalator railings, elevator doors and buttons.
Technical spaces (control rooms)
- All hard surfaces including desks, chair, telephone, keyboards, mouse, laptops, outer and inner surfaces of cabinets, door handles, screens, monitors, telephone and microphones.
- All Common areas on the floor where the shared work station is located. This includes the washroom (all flush buttons/handles, door handles, lock faucets, counter tops, air dryers, paper towel dispensers) kitchen and cafeteria (Counter tops, faucets, appliance surfaces, coffee machines, tables, chairs), stair and escalator railings, elevator doors and button.
- Traditional disinfection methods using a chemical disinfectant may need to be combined with other touchless disinfection methods where available (UV-C disinfection, electrostatic sprayers disinfection, Cavicide.)
Disinfection products and technique
- The disinfection product used should be effective against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2. Products listed on the Health Canada list of approved products for use against COVID-19 are acceptable for use on non-porous hard surfaces. All products that are not included on this list must be approved by Emily Woodford General Manager and Faith Phillips Safety Coordinator. Such products must have a claim to be viricidal. Provide safety data sheets for all products that will be used.
- Where a disinfection method other than a chemical one is used, provide details of the procedure so that it may be approved by Mayfield Cleaning Health and Safety prior to implementation.
- Where chemical cleaning and disinfection methods are used at minimum follow the guidelines.
- Where the application method differs from the following scenarios, provide details of the method and get approval from Mayfield Cleaning prior to use.
➢ Diluted or ready to use chemical solution spray on surface and dried ➢ Diluted or ready to use chemical solution applied with a wipe on a surface and dried
Personal Protective Equipment and other equipment
- Mayfield Cleaning will supply their own personal protective equipment that is suitable for the products in use
- Mayfield Cleaning will supply all of their own equipment and product required for cleaning and disinfection.
- We will remove all waste resulting from the cleaning and disinfecting of any property.